Delivering your vision
New, responsive corporate website
SAGE, a leading independent academic publisher, had an outdated static HTML site that was time consuming to maintain and update. Cameron & Wilding helped SAGE celebrate their 50th anniversary with a new responsive, clear and simple corporate site that would work well on all devices.
To coincide with their 50th anniversary, the company wanted a new site that could be updated quickly and easily; a fresh new design that would provide a better experience for their users, and the ability to localise the site for customers in the US, UK, Australia and India. A big task for this project was the migration of 30k books, and 700 journals with 50k profiles of writers.
We used Drupal’s multi-site functionality along with translation modules to build SAGE a flexible content management system with customised versions of the site for different global regions.
The theming uses Bootstrap to provide a fully responsive site and the new design is clean, modern and easy to navigate.
The site was integrated with a number of existing back office systems to allow for automatic product updates, user authentication, e-commerce transactions via different payment gateways and fulfilment.
The Key Benefits
The new website presents SAGE’s brand online with greater clarity and appeal. It allows the business to drive adoption leads with improved data capture and usability. There are new discipline pages to group products and resources with clearer navigation and dedicated product pages highlight their growing range of library products.
- Responsive, modern design that works well on all devices
- Clear and simple navigation allowing customers to find products easily
- Enables self-sufficiency; the business can update content quickly and easily without web team intervention - saving time, money and resource
- Built-in open source technology that is cheaper to develop and support
- Flexible, future-proof architecture that integrates with existing web services for fulfilment, product data and user authentication; allows for new systems to be integrated as they are adopted in the future
- Enables the business to respond immediately to business needs and experiment with different formats - e.g. new pages and content can be developed for specific regions or audiences in the local language and currency
- Changes and updates can be processed in less than 24 hours